#16 – What’s Your Secret Sauce?
My List:
1. Detail-oriented / Diligent. I’ve always been a very structured and organized person, and I like things to be as accurate as possible. I’m very attentive to details. I guess this kind of ties into being diligent too, because I’m a hard worker who values the work I do. I know when to ask for feedback, and I use my time efficiently when it comes to assignments and other responsibilities.
2. Mediator. I am someone who does not enjoy conflict. I try to avoid it at all costs. So usually if conflict occurs, I quickly try and mediate the situation before it gets any worse. I feel like this has always been a pretty good trait because I can see both sides of the argument, and usually bring together the two parties who are unhappy.
3. Teamwork. I believe teamwork is the most valuable resource, and that it’s crucial to success in life and in business. I grew up as an athlete, so I’ve always had the team mentality. I have always enjoy being part of a team, but I think what I love most about it is seeing others succeed.
4. Leader. I understand the importance of active leadership. Everyone thinks it’s a one way relationships, whereas great leaders actually must also practice good followership.
5. Reliable. I’m the type of person who sticks to my word and knows how to manage my commitments. If I say I’m going to do something, I follow through with it. I’m also always there for people when they need me, regardless of the situation.
Five Closest People:
Video: https://youtu.be/gXIpoCbdDig
*I combined all audio clips into one video*
Interview 1: I interviewed one of my best friends Abby. She mentioned a lot of different characteristics about me as she’s known me for almost 10 years now. Some of these characteristics included being caring and attentive, a good listener, adventurous, and open minded day in and day out.
Interview 2: I interviewed my other best friend Bre. Bre highlighted my warm and welcoming personality and how I’m open to everyone’s views regardless of their background or differences. She also mentioned how I not only laugh at everything, but how I also laugh at myself.
Interview 3: I interviewed my roommate Megan. Megan emphasized how I am always there for her, and will drop anything for anyone. She also talked about how I am reliable and trustworthy, and always have a positive outlook on life. At the end of the interview she talked about my adventurous spirit and how I’m always willing to try new things and explore new places.
Interview 4: I interviewed my mom. She mentioned in my interview how I don’t get in to gossip or judge others, which she looks up to.
Interview 5: I interviewed my dad. He mentioned that he thinks one of my biggest attributes is the caring-ness that I have for others. He said I am dependable, reliable, and a fantastic leader. He overall enjoys watching my accountability and ownership of different issues and tasks.
Reflection: I would say my interviews went well and that they aligned with my self projection. It’s very insightful to hear how others perceive you, and it’s nice when they all see you in a similar light. I would not make any corrections to my list.
1. Detail-oriented / Diligent. I’ve always been a very structured and organized person, and I like things to be as accurate as possible. I’m very attentive to details. I guess this kind of ties into being diligent too, because I’m a hard worker who values the work I do. I know when to ask for feedback, and I use my time efficiently when it comes to assignments and other responsibilities.
2. Mediator. I am someone who does not enjoy conflict. I try to avoid it at all costs. So usually if conflict occurs, I quickly try and mediate the situation before it gets any worse. I feel like this has always been a pretty good trait because I can see both sides of the argument, and usually bring together the two parties who are unhappy.
3. Teamwork. I believe teamwork is the most valuable resource, and that it’s crucial to success in life and in business. I grew up as an athlete, so I’ve always had the team mentality. I have always enjoy being part of a team, but I think what I love most about it is seeing others succeed.
4. Leader. I understand the importance of active leadership. Everyone thinks it’s a one way relationships, whereas great leaders actually must also practice good followership.
5. Reliable. I’m the type of person who sticks to my word and knows how to manage my commitments. If I say I’m going to do something, I follow through with it. I’m also always there for people when they need me, regardless of the situation.
Five Closest People:
Video: https://youtu.be/gXIpoCbdDig
*I combined all audio clips into one video*
Interview 1: I interviewed one of my best friends Abby. She mentioned a lot of different characteristics about me as she’s known me for almost 10 years now. Some of these characteristics included being caring and attentive, a good listener, adventurous, and open minded day in and day out.
Interview 2: I interviewed my other best friend Bre. Bre highlighted my warm and welcoming personality and how I’m open to everyone’s views regardless of their background or differences. She also mentioned how I not only laugh at everything, but how I also laugh at myself.
Interview 3: I interviewed my roommate Megan. Megan emphasized how I am always there for her, and will drop anything for anyone. She also talked about how I am reliable and trustworthy, and always have a positive outlook on life. At the end of the interview she talked about my adventurous spirit and how I’m always willing to try new things and explore new places.
Interview 4: I interviewed my mom. She mentioned in my interview how I don’t get in to gossip or judge others, which she looks up to.
Interview 5: I interviewed my dad. He mentioned that he thinks one of my biggest attributes is the caring-ness that I have for others. He said I am dependable, reliable, and a fantastic leader. He overall enjoys watching my accountability and ownership of different issues and tasks.
Reflection: I would say my interviews went well and that they aligned with my self projection. It’s very insightful to hear how others perceive you, and it’s nice when they all see you in a similar light. I would not make any corrections to my list.
Hey Taylor! Great post! I feel like we have number four and five in common! I like to think of myself as a leader and reliable. These two traits are very useful to have I believe! Something I admire and want to work on is being detail oriented. I have a tendency to let the small details go unaccounted for which I know I need to work on because it is such a valuable trait! For my interviews I interviewed my mom, my dad, my roommate, and my two closets friends as well! Great post!
ReplyDeleteHello Taylor, according to your list and the good things people said about you, you have a great personality. You are someone that will be very pleasant to work with or work for. These qualities are really hard to come by as a “package”, detailed oriented people are not usually easy going because they have a plan and it must be followed as it is.
ReplyDelete