It was hard to narrow down what I wanted my avatar to be. However, I decided that the typical customer that I imagined for my business concept was a college aged female (even though my business concept equally supports males). She likes to work out (whether it be at the gym or outside on a run), and is very interested in sports. She doesn’t use her car that often because she likes to bike to class. She has a dog that she likes to take on walks and play with at the park. She’s very in to nature and the outdoors. She likes to hike in her free time, or just go for long walks and explore new places, which explains her interest in travel. She doesn’t have cable TV, and instead watches Netflix when she wants to relax. She is a “sneaker head” with multiple shoes from Nike, Adidas, and Brooks, and she prefers to wear athletic clothes over anything else.
When I decided which business concept I wanted to pursue, I thought of something that would solve a problem for not only others, but for me too. So no, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that I have a lot in common with my avatar. Some things that I don’t have in common with my avatar are that I don’t bike to class or have a dog at school.
Hello Taylor,
ReplyDeleteI found it a little hard to narrow down also. I chose women over men since from my experience, men don't do as much bodyweight home exercising but of course my product supports both females and males. Does your avatar have interest in playing sports, watching sports, or both? There's never too little of a detail for an avatar! Something else for your avatar is that maybe she's training for a race!
Taylor,
ReplyDeleteI also struggled to get my prototypical customer narrowed down to one singular type of person. I have multiple target markets, but I believe you did a good job of singling out the one person you want to sell to the most. I do think your story of your prototypical customer could have gone into a little more detail, but overall it got the job done.
Hello Taylor,
ReplyDeleteEven though you said that it was hard to narrow down what your avatar would be, I think that you did a really good job describing your stereotypical customer. The marketing segment that you picked would benefit greatly from the business idea you have come up with. It is sad to know that you do not own a dog, they are amazing running partners.
Hey Taylor!
ReplyDeleteI agree this assignment makes you think outside of the box, because it is an assignment that requires a lot of thought and creativity. As a man, I still feel like your product would be very applicable to me so I'm glad you didn't make it just for women. I feel like I have almost everything in common with your custom avatar. I'd love you product! Great post!
Hey Taylor!
ReplyDeleteI really like how you are hyper-specific about your character, yet you also point out that there are some exceptions to it. I really love how you make the point that you are seeking to solve a problem that not only exists with others but that you personally experience. Personally connecting with a venture like yours will ensure that you have the right passion and that you can correctly identify the prototypical customer!
Best,
Matthew Mrnacaj