#30 – Final Reflection

Throughout the course, I learned a lot about entrepreneurship and myself. I was taught a lot of valuable lessons that will help shape my future career. I think my most joyous experience was the Reading Reflection No. 1. I have always been surrounded by sports and grew up owning many Nike shoes of my own, so reading Shoe Dog by Phil Knight was really inspirational. I actually read the book in about two days because I couldn’t put it down. I also found my Bug List to be pretty joyous because who doesn’t love writing down things that annoy you, but then further thinking why they annoy you and why it’s a problem. I don’t think I’ll ever look at a problem the same after that assignment. The assignments that were formative and that I’ll remember years later were the ones that dealt with my business venture. Thinking about how to start a company or business venture for a whole semester really makes you think of all the small details you would normally just pass over. Every one of the assignments for my business concept taught me something new and I won’t forget how much time I put into it. The assignments that I am proudest of for accomplishing would be the Elevator Pitches. They are my worst nightmare, but luckily doing them for a made up company was good practice for myself when I have to do them in the near future.

This class has definitely helped me move closer to developing an entrepreneurial mindset. This course has showed me how to think more creatively and view things in a different way than I did before. I am now more open to taking risks and accepting failure along the way.

I would recommend that future students create a schedule with all due dates, and to not fall behind on any. It can be very easy to get lost in this course if you’re moving at your own pace and the dates aren’t written down. This class teaches the valuable skills of time management and organization. In order to foster this mindset, future students should have an open mindset, but also discipline to get things done. This course allows students to receive a lot of awesome feedback and provides opportunities for students to change. Don’t be afraid to take risks because failure is all a part of the process.

Congrats on a great semester!

Comments

  1. Hey Taylor!

    I really enjoyed reading this blog post! I definitely agree with you that this course has taught me how to be more entrepreneurial and more of a risk-taker than I was before. Similar to you, I have learned to view failure in a much different way than I had before. Also, your suggestion of keeping a schedule is really good. At the very least, students should sync the assignments from canvas with their calendar app.

    Good luck with the rest of your journey at the University of Florida and beyond!

    Best regards,

    Matthew Mrnacaj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Taylor,

    After reading your post, I can agree with the advice you gave to future students because professor Pryor follows a very strict schedule and some assignment required interviews, so doing them last minute it's near impossible. It was great to read your business venture throughout the semester, it was a very interesting idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#29 – Venture Concept No. 2

#6 – Identifying Opportunities in Economic & Regulatory Trends